This epic off-road safari and walk explores the wild and remote landscapes of Lake Hawea’s
Dingleburn HIgh Country Station.
“The silence is as powerful as the scenery out here”
This has to be one of the most thrilling and spectacular backroad journeys in New Zealand. Your expert guide skillfully negotiates this incredible road blasted by hand into a sheer cliff face 60m above Lake Hawea. Arriving at remote Silver Island Bay set off on a leisurely guided walk (optional) to a panoramic view point over Lake Hawea. Return to the lakeshore for a well -earned and freshly brewed coffee. The silence is as powerful as the scenery out here… not to be missed.
Adult: $295 per person
Child: $199 per person
Minimum of 2 people needed to run the trip
For up to 6 people
For large groups of 12+ head to our group page for pricing
Please note: A surcharge of 15% applies on public holida
- Private access onto the seldom visited Dingleburn Station, Lake Hawea
- Thrilling 4WD road, hand blasted into a cliff high over Lake Hawea – Like Skippers Road on steroids
- Easy guided nature walk for spectacular views – 45 mins return
- Delicious freshly brewed coffee and our famous fruit cake at our exclusive alpine cafe
Those looking for a fun off-road experience and a short guided nature walk (45mins) in pure wilderness away from the crowds.
If you want a longer walk (2hrs) Choose our Dingleburn Wilderness Walk option.
Duration: Allow 5 hours
Time of year: All year round
Departs: 9am from Wanaka Isite (103 Ardmore St, Wanaka)
- Spectacular off-road journey exploring private backroads of Dingleburn High Country Station, Lake Hawea
- Optional guided nature walk – 45 minutes return
- Hiking poles
- Delicious freshly brewed coffee and our famous fruit cake at our alpine cafe!
Fitness level required:
Suitable for most fitness levels