Your chance to actively give back to Wanaka’s outstanding natural environment.
Your chance to actively do good, give back and learn about Wanaka’s unique natural environment. Guaranteed to leave you with a deep and lasting connection to our place and our people.
Begin with a visit to Wanaka’s community native plant nursery – Te Kakano. Te Kakano’s mission is to inspire community native habitat through propagation, education and hands-on participation.
You’ll mix with like-minded passionate local nursery volunteers while helping with daily nursery activities. Depending on what’s happening in the nursery on the day you could be potting natives trees, watering or planting.
After refreshments it’s off into Wanaka’s wild and spectacular high country by 4WD to help with our predator control programme checking and maintaining a stoat trapline on West Wanaka Station. Not only will you learn why trapping is necessary but you’ll be surrounded by jaw-dropping scenery and get to see what life is like on a real New Zealand alpine farm. Celebrate all your great work helping to protect Wanaka’s flora and fauna with a well-earned picnic lunch high over Lake Wanaka.
Please enquire for your group
Please note: A surcharge of 15% applies on public holidays
- Actively give back to Wanaka’s incredible environment
- Te Kakano Native Plant Nursery education session and help with nursery activities
- 4WD off-road adventure through West Wanaka Station to check and maintain our predator control trap line
- Spectacular scenery
- Mountain-top picnic lunch over looking Lake Wanaka
Those that want to do good and give back to Wanaka’s incredible natural environment.
Allow up to 6 hours
1st October – 30th April
- Te Kakano Nursery visit and education session
- Spectacular off road 4WD adventure through West Wanaka Station to check and maintain our predator trapline
- picnic lunch and refreshments
Fitness level required
Suitable for all fitness levels