Wanaka’s most spectacular and private high-country walk.
This is the Wanaka most locals have never seen. We take you well off the beaten track exploring private backroads high into the mountains of West Wanaka Station. The perfect mix of wide open walking trails, alpine meadows, jaw-dropping scenery, and high country farming life. You’ll love helping out and learning about our predator control conservation project along the way too. A relaxed picnic lunch awaits atop Lookout Hill. Don’t feel up to walking all day? No problem, we provide 4WD support so jump in any time and enjoy the view and friendly banter with your guide. A safe, fun and active day of classic kiwi adventure the whole family can enjoy together.
2021 / 2022 SUMMER SPECIALS!
1st Dec 2021 – 30th April 2022
10% off groups of 2-3
25% off groups of 4-12
$634 for 2 adults and 2 children
Adult $299 per person
Child $196 per person
minimum of 2 adults needed to run the trip
Private Price $1794 for up to 6 people.
For large groups of 12+ head to our group page for pricing!
- Private high country walking track most locals don’t even know about
- Nothing to carry as we provide a 4WD support vehicle
- Suitable for all fitness levels from kids to grandparents
- Walk as much or as little as you like
- Jaw-dropping scenery
- Mountain top picnic lunch
- Help with our predator control conservation project
- Totally authentic kiwi adventure
- Safe and fun day the whole family can enjoy together
Those after a memorable full day experience. Best choice for groups with varying fitness levels. Walk as much or as little as you like so everyone feels part of the experience!
Allow 6-7 hours
Distance of walk approx 15km but up to you how much walking you do.
October – May
- Private access to West Wanaka Station
- Expert local guide.
- A leisurely walk through an alpine meadow on a well-graded trail with incredible wide-open views of Lake Wanaka and surrounding mountains
- Hiking poles
- Delicious picnic lunch – Chicken or Veggie wrap, tea/coffee, hot choc, sweet) Gluten-free options available on request
- Hands-on help with our predator control programme while you walk
Fitness level required
Suitable for all fitness levels as we provide 4WD support vehicle so walk as much as you like or choose to ride along and yarn with your guide.