Wanaka High Country Walk
Wanaka’s most spectacular high-country walk on private land.
This is the Wanaka most locals have never seen. We take you well off the beaten track exploring private backroads high into the mountains of West Wanaka Station. The perfect mix of wide open walking trails, alpine meadows, jaw-dropping scenery, and high country farming life. You’ll love helping out and learning about our predator control conservation project along the way too. A relaxed picnic lunch awaits atop Lookout Hill. Don’t feel up to walking all day? No problem, we provide 4WD support so jump in any time and enjoy the view and friendly banter with your guide. A safe, fun and active day of classic kiwi adventure the whole family can enjoy together.
Adult $325 per person
Child $196 per person
minimum of 2 adults needed to run the trip
Private Price $1794 for up to 6 people.
For large groups of 12+ head to our group page for pricing
Please note: A surcharge of 15% applies on public holidays
- Private high country walking track most locals don’t even know about
- Nothing to carry as we provide a 4WD support vehicle
- Suitable for all fitness levels from kids to grandparents
- Walk as much or as little as you like
- Jaw-dropping scenery
- Mountain top picnic lunch
- Help with our predator control conservation project
- Totally authentic kiwi adventure
- Safe and fun day the whole family can enjoy together
- There is an opportunity to go for a dip in the crystal clear lake and river if you are game! BYO swimming gear and towel!
Groups with varying fitness levels. Everyone can enjoy this together.
Those looking for a walk well away from the masses. The silence is as powerful as the scenery up here!
Allow 6-7 hours
Distance of walk approx 15km but up to you how much walking you do.
1st October – 30th April
(Or choose our Dingleburn Wilderness Walk all year round)
- Private access to West Wanaka Station
- Expert local guide along to share their knowledge and stories of the Wanaka area
- A leisurely walk through an alpine meadow on a well-graded trail with incredible wide-open views of Lake Wanaka and surrounding mountains
- Hiking poles
- Delicious picnic lunch – Chicken or Veggie wrap, tea/coffee, hot choc, Gluten-free options available on request
- Hands-on help with our predator control programme while you walk
Fitness level required
Suitable for all fitness levels as we provide 4WD support vehicle so walk as much as you like or choose to ride along and enjoy a great yarn with your guide.