Wild Hills Off Road Safari
The most authentic off-road experience in Wanaka
Words fail to describe how utterly spectacular this 4WD adventure through West Wanaka High Country Station is. Wild and empty silence, jaw-dropping mountain-top scenery with views for days are just the beginning. Participation with predator control conservation projects, yarns about farming life, and fascinating local history will leave a deep and lasting connection with the land. A great adventure the whole family will enjoy.
Adult $280 per person
Child: $180 per person
Minimum of 2 adults needed to run the trip
Private Price $1975 for up to 6 people.
For large groups of 12+ head to our group page for pricing
Please note: A surcharge of 15% applies on public holiday8
- Get behind the scenes of a genuine New Zealand High Country farm – West Wanaka Station
- See farm animals (Red Deer, cattle, and sheep) up close
- Jaw-dropping views of Lake Wanaka most locals have never seen
- Give back by helping with our predator control conservation project
- Optional and easy alpine meadow and lakeside forest walks (20 minutes each)
- Fascinating historical sites
- Freshly brewed coffee and famous fruit cake at our Alpine Cafe
- There is an opportunity to go for a dip in the crystal clear lake and river if you are game! BYO swimming gear and towel!
Those looking for a truly authentic experience away from the crowds. Suitable for all ages and abilities. Short walks are optional.
Allow 4 hours
1st October – 30th April
(Choose our Dingleburn Discovery Tour May – October)
- Pick up / Drop off from Wanaka Isite
- Private off road access through West Wanaka Station
- Expert local guide
- Delicious freshly brewed coffee and our famous fruit cake at our exclusive alpine cafe
Fitness level required
Suitable for all fitness levels and yes we are wheelchair friendly.