Wild Hills Off Road Safari
The most authentic off-road experience in Wanaka
Words fail to describe how utterly spectacular this 4WD adventure through West Wanaka High Country Station is. Wild and empty silence, jaw-dropping mountain-top scenery with views for days are just the beginning. Participation with predator control conservation projects, yarns about farming life, and fascinating local history will leave a deep and lasting connection with the land. A great adventure the whole family will enjoy.
2021 / 2022 SUMMER SPECIALS!
1st Dec 2021 – 30th April 2022
10% off groups of 2-3
25% off groups of 4-12
$497 for 2 adults and 2 children
Adult $259 per person
Child: $140 per person
Minimum of 2 adults needed to run the trip
Private Price $1794 for up to 6 people.
For large groups of 12+ head to our group page for pricing!!
- Get behind the scenes of a genuine New Zealand High Country farm – West Wanaka Station
- See farm animals (Alpaca, Red Deer, cattle, and sheep) up close
- Jaw-dropping views of Lake Wanaka
- Give back by helping with our predator control conservation project
- Easy alpine meadow and lakeside forest walks (20 minutes each)
- Fascinating historical sites
- Freshly brewed coffee and famous fruit cake at our Alpine Cafe
Those who are after a jam packed half day experience. Suitable for all ages and abilities with multiple stops, and short walks (Walking optional, we can also cater for wheelchairs)
Allow 4 hours
1st October – 30th April
- Pick up / Drop off from Wanaka locations
- Private access to hand-blasted backroads on Dingleburn Station, Lake Hawea
- Expert local guide.
- A leisurely walk (approx. 7 km) through an alpine meadow on a well-graded trail with incredible wide-open views of Lake Hawea and surrounding mountains
- Hiking poles
- Delicious freshly brewed coffee and our famous fruit cake at our exclusive alpine cafe
Fitness level required
Suitable for all fitness levels as we provide 4WD support vehicle so walk as much as you like or choose to ride along and yarn with your guide.